
Training in March means being ready for anything the weather throws at you. You just have to wake up with the attitude of "I'll do whatever is going to be the most fun according to what is or is not falling from the sky". Be flexible, realize the world won't end if it is snowing/sleeting/raining, get over it, choose your layers wisely and get outside. This has been working well for 5 days now...ask me how this approach is going in a few weeks ;)
Friday morning Maddy and I had
Teton Canyon all to ourselves. Hard to believe because it was the best skating I have done all year.


I got almost 9 hrs of riding in this weekend...
outside. Saturday's conditions allowed for long ride on the mountain bike on the road. Yesterday, I got to ride my road bike with skinny tires on completely dry roads all the way to
Teton, ID without loosing any fingers or toes. Great timing because it started dumping snow one hour after I finished. This morning....well, there's snow on the roads again. No need to suffer on wheels when there's perfect, deserted skate track across the street.
Being home is great. Idaho is one of the
nicest places to ride a bike, plus we don't have to stop at stop signs. I lost count of how many people waved, beeped politely or gave me the thumbs up this weekend. Around here, people pull over for you when you get a flat just to make sure you're okay. The UPS,
Fedex and Postal drivers always recognize me. Pickup truck drivers wave at me before I wave at them.

In family related news...I always knew my sister was nuts. She was a pro
downhiller for some time after all. However, I now know she (and her husband) are certifiably crazy as they now have a 19 month old and a newborn at the same time....okay, okay, I kid them, really ;) Roan was born last week and is a gorgeous little gal. I can't wait to go visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment