All good things must end, I know. But my month in Tucson was hard to let go of, especially because I came home yesterday to - big surprise - lots of snow on the ground. But, I'm grateful for the good block of training in mostly great weather, the opportunity to get to know my awesome teammates a lot better and to train without many distractions. I am a huge fan of Tucson. HUGE fan. But, I am also a huge fan of home, especially when the welcoming committee consists of a dog that runs circles around the perimeter of the house for the first 10 min. after my arrival and a husband that cooks me wonderfully delicious dinners after 2, 10 hr days of driving.
There's really not very much to report from my training adventure. Unless you want to hear about lots of long, sunny rides, evenings spent pouring over Inferential Statistics homework and trips to Trader Joe's. I have 3 weeks left of class and think I may just have to throw a party in my own honor once it is done...that is, if I pass.
The thing is, after last year's Leadville 100 and especially after the Park City Point to Point I had a realization: I LOVE this stuff. Why the heck am I not doing more of it??? Heck, 5 hours into a race is when the fun is just getting started for me. I love long rides. I love the added psychological challenge of ultra endurance racing. I love the grassroots feel of these events. Give me the choice between a 2 hr ride and a 10 hour ride, I'll always take the 10. So with Kenda's encouragement and support, I am re-focusing on ultra-endurance events for 2010. You'll still see me at a lot of XC events for the training, but my A priorities will all be long stuff. I'm giddy just thinking about it.
The new gear has been rolling in and one of my favorite goodies have been these new Pearl Izumi Octane SL shoes. Wicked light, comfortably stiff and super snazzy looking too. I even got new socks to match 'em.
No comments:
Post a Comment