My body is sore head to toe, my dog is tired and yard work is actually getting done.
I've been getting some hikes in, have started running a little bit to get ready for some cross racing (hence the soreness) and going for loooong rides on the mountain bike. It's such a nice feeling to ride as I feel, leave the HR monitor at home and not have to worry about resting up for races. My pal Suze and I went up the backside of Taylor on Saturday, taking advantage of a perfect fall day.
Hope the wonder-dog resting on the way to Taylor Mountain.
Fall in Jackson Hole is stunning. Cold evenings give way to warm fall days, the trees start changing color and you wish you could tell mother nature to hit the "pause" button. Locals are smart enough to know that you have to enjoy these days as they come, because snow (and ski season!) is right around the corner!
So, I've been doing my very best to enjoy the weather and to get some schoolwork done. Sometimes I wish it would just pour rain so I could stay inside and study without the distraction. I'll be eating those words in a few weeks when all it is doing is raining...then sleeting...then hailing...then clearing just long enough to make you think you should go outside so you change your clothes and get dressed and as soon as you are ready...it's raining again.
2 comments:
On a personal note, bc of the personal nature of this blog, I love your descriptive writing. Miss the area. Happy birthday and Happy 1st wedding anniversary. Miss you and Nate. Love Mom.
It's raining here in seattle, miss spending beautiful fall days in JH with you guys!!!
xoxox Deb
Post a Comment