Thursday, October 22, 2009
Granogue and Wissahickon
This past weekend we made the hellacious drive through NY and Jersey traffic to enjoy a special brand of mud in the Granogue and Wissahickon races. I felt like a rockstar on Saturday but my bike just wouldn't cooperate. I ripped off my derailleur in the first few turns of the first lap while riding in the front, had to run a loooong way to the pit for a bike and then continued to drop my chain 3 times killing all time I was making up each lap. Super frustrating day of mechanicals in conditions that suited me.
I managed to make up 15 seconds on Laura Van Gilder in the last half a lap and caught her right before we hit the pavement. I probably don't need to explain to anyone why LVG is the last person in the world you want to have to sprint for a win ;) She passed me as if I was chillaxing, riding a fixie cruiser and wearing business attire with a coffee in hand on my way to the office. I ended up 4th on the day.
Wissahickon was a true sufferfest for me. My legs just felt like frozen, dead stumps and I couldn't hang on to the accelerations of the leaders on the faster conditions. I felt pretty spent after the amount of running I did the previous day. I rode the entire race in no man's land in the very windy and cold conditions and rolled into the finish in 6th.
School has started up again, so the blog has been forced down my priority list. Thankfully, Colt from Cyclingnews has been lurking immediately after my races document my true feelings about what really happened out there.
Granogue Interview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amanda...30th, in the world! Congratulations. Are you headed to Belgium soon? I know your pit crew wouldn't mind!
I have enjoyed reading your blog! A friend fwd'd me the link to your site and told me to check it out. Enjoyable writing to read and great pics! Keep it up as well as the great racing.
Great to see another cross update from you! You are rocking it sister!
Post a Comment