Thursday, May 7, 2009

On the Road Again

It was only a matter of time before the terrible weather, lack of dry trails and riding the trainer sent me packing my bags. Nate and I were home from CA for only 3 days when I started feeling restless and a wee-bit frustrated with the mid-40s and rainy/snowy conditions at home. Training in the wet cold and wind was sucking the life out of me and my legs.

My parents came to visit this past weekend and showed us pictures and movies of my 8-month old nephew, the real motivator for another road trip. Plus, I stumbled upon a race in Denver this Saturday, the Battle of the Bear, that promises a good kick in the pants as the pre-reg. list consists of Katie Compton, Heather Irmiger and Georgia Gould. I figure a good beat-down will be a great addition to my tough month of training I have planned for May.

Conveniently, my sister and brother-in-law live in a place where it's 70deg., dry as a bone and I can ride trails out the back door. So here I am in Kremmling getting ready to head out for a ride in the sunshine, so appreciative of the fact that I do not have to spend an extra 15min. layering up like a scuba diver to brave the elements. On the way down yesterday I stopped in Steamboat for a nice, long and easy road ride. I saw lots and lots of happy smiling roadies and everyone waved back at me. Shocking! I guess that's what nice weather can do to a person. But really, here's the reason I am here:

I am already training Asher to open my cooler so he can grow up to be good feed-station support!

No comments: