This has been one of those weeks that's been full of the good stuff: good people, good rides, good vibes, good food, good times. On Monday, Kathy and I said our goodbyes to the other Kenda-Tomac-Hayes folks, packed up the suby and headed to San Diego. Kathy's family is putting us up for the week in La Mesa, CA and the situation couldn't be more ideal. They are terrific, welcoming hosts and are a real joy to spend time with. They are taking very good care of us and are amazed at how good we are at being complete slugs when we aren't training.
Before my ride I spent a good 30 min. chatting in the parking lot with my new friend, George. He approached me asking if he could borrow a spoon so he could eat some kale salad. He said I looked like a traveler because of the sheer volume of stuff that came pouring out of my car when I opened the doors. I helped him out with some silverware and from there we were fast friends. He is a foraging expert and raw foods chef and we got talking about health, nutrition, recipes, and food dehydrators. He is a cancer survivor of the same kind of cancer my mom survived a few years ago (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma) and was just a wealth of information and good, positive energy. He fed me SO many different samples of his raw foods concoctions, I didn't think I was going to be able to ride comfortably afterwards. I left our conversation with his business card, some great ideas for both myself and my mom and a new want: a food dehydrator.
The rest of the week is just more chillaxing in the warm weather, getting ready for the Kenda Cup West race on Sunday, the sagebrush safari. Of course, daily runs to Trader Joes and perhaps a trip to some shopping malls. Don't laugh. We don't have those in my neck-of-the-woods.
3 comments:
Glad to hear that the team is full of good energy this year! Although skiing was good this morning, I am ready to start on my cycle tan.
So you met Pete, funny! Pete and Wendy are friends from Atlanta. That would have been cool if you showed up to the dinner last night, Todd and I were there.
So what did you think of his bike rack? It is a Raxter rack, I have one on the way, can't wait to see it.
Glad you two are having a good time!
You nailed it with the last 2 paragraphs. :) See ya soon!
Post a Comment