Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Today's the day. You. Yes, I'm talking to you.

Being a Political Science major, (i.e. major dork), I have been obsessively following this election. If Jackson Holers can get out and vote in weather like this, so can you!

Teton Pass, this morning

If you live in Teton County, ID I am making a special appeal to you to cast your ballot. Our race for Commissioner is crucial to our valley's future. Though I have my personal preference (VOTE KATHY AND BOB!!!) you have to at least vote for someone to have the right to complain about/celebrate the results. Same goes for the presidential election and all the other elections. You can't couch surf and then whine about the outcome later.

Full disclosure: I am a democrat...In 2004, I actually attended a "funeral" party after the election to mourn the continued loss of our personal freedoms, continuation of an illegal war, in other words the re-election of Bush. Although I live in a republican stronghold state, I am still going to party like it's 1999 if Obama wins.

So call your friends, family, neighbors and get them out to the polls. Offer them a ride or a cookie if they vote. In Idaho (and a handful of others) you can register on election day-it's not too late to act!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Keep both hands on the wheel young lady! You shouldn't be taking pics in weather like that. :)

Amanda Carey said...

Blame it on Nate. He took the picture on his commute and was probably talking and texting while taking the photo ;)