Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Moose Cross

Cyclocross racing is coming to Victor, ID! Mark your calendar for September 20th.

The city of Victor, some very dedicated cyclists and a few city councilmen have been pouring heart, soul, and a ton of sweat equity into building a fantastic 1.2 mile course in Pioneer Park so that we can all have a fantastic event. 3 cheers for Dave Byers and Bergie!!

I suppose I'm biased (I could shoot a potato gun from my deck and hit the start line), but I think this is one of the best things that has ever happened to our tiny lil' town. The city is 100% behind the effort and has sent in heavy machinery to move dirt and help create a course filled with fun features like ride ups, the chicanes and my favorite, the narrows.

Did I mention there's beer? Grand Teton Brewing is literally on the course and is an event sponsor. The race also happens to coincide with its Octoberfest.

Looks like it's to pull out the cross bike, throw some skinny tires onto the mountain bike, or in my case, try 'cross racing for the first time at Moosecross.

Check out www.moosecross.com for details, photos and online registration.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Viva La Moose Cross!!!