One more biggie on the to-do list this weekend: The Tahoe-Sierra 100 miler, the NUE finals. Even though I'm feeling pretty whooped after the American Mountain Classic stage race and the NMBS finals the week after, I figure spending 10 days at 9,800 has given me a few extra red blood cells to burn.
No comment about whether I have any extra brain cells left to spare.
It's hard to believe that at this time 2 years ago I was preparing to do LOTOJA, a 10-hr, 206-mile one day road race.
Instead, I drove solo for 10 hours to a very nice (but cheap) hotel room at the Circus-Circus in Reno. The drive was slightly less interesting than riding a road bike for 10 hours. Kidding....sort of. At least I have xm radio in the car.
Tomorrow, I'll drive 3 more hours to get to the start line, which is in the middle of nowhere. But I tend to like nowhere. Cool people tend to hang out in nowhere. Anyway, I'll set up camp, get a quick ride in and pray for a good night of sleep under the stars.
A very deep field of pro ladies and a post party with food, beer, live music and a lot of people wrapping up their seasons will hopefully make the drive well worth the effort!
No comments:
Post a Comment