Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home

I'm totally digging the being-at-home groove. I'm getting a lot done, doing some great training rides and enjoying summer in the Tetons.

Although summer is typically about 6-8 weeks long, when it finally arrives it's worth it. Summer in the Tetons is pretty darn magical.

Some single track is finally drying out on both sides of the Tetons. I've definitely been getting my fill.

I went to Park City for a XC race this past weekend. MTB Race Productions put on a great event and it was great to see the Utah gals again.

Out of it, I got a great workout, a reminder of how much XC racing hurts at altitude (especially when you've been at sea level most of the year and you're one week out of a 100-miler). I also got a great, big check. Literally:


I've also done a little...okay, a lot...of lawn mowing.


Lots of sunset walks with Maddy, too. Out the back door, up Game Creek and Moose Creek.



The only thing missing is Nate. He left 2 weeks ago and won't be home for 2 more. It's bittersweet that a job he enjoys so much has to take him away from home (and me!) when it's at its best. He's on his way to the World Cups right now....I hope these photos of what he is missing doesn't rub it in too much.

No comments: