Monday, June 7, 2010

Mud-Hican 100 in Photos

Maybe I should just let the pictures do the talking, as it is 2 days later and I am still having trouble formulating coherent thoughts about the event. I got these photos from a nice man named Wade who managed to get me to crack a smile at the finish. I could barely see him at this point.

I am working on a full race report for the Kenda Team blog, so keep an eye out for a better explanation of what really happened out there. Here's a link to the cyclingnews.com race results and report. In short, it rained. A lot. It was at times scary, but also sort of fun in a twisted kind of way. There were chest high stream crossings, a few major mechanicals, a lost contact lens (which was actually just folded in half and stuck in my eyelid), a reevaluation of my hydration plan, thunder, lightening, sideways winds, tornado warnings and a boat load of suffering.

After a tough battle for the first 40 miles, I managed to ride steady and come away with the win! It was hard fought and hands down the worst conditions I have ever encountered. My eyes are still so bloodshot from being filled with mud all day it is a miracle I didn't get questioned at airport security last night about my sobriety or the contents of my carry on!



Post-race brake pads

Best post-race meal ever. Mongolian BBQ!

Super-hail on the deck the day before the race.
Rural Ohio. FYI, no AT&T anywhere close to here.

More hail
The most obnoxious rental car on the planet

More to come, stay tuned!

1 comment:

andrea@brickhouseracing.com said...

Yo- check out my blog (brickhouseracing.com)... I put the post-race peace pipe photo on there. You're welcome to steal it if you want it.