Good question. Recently, I have had trouble remembering where I am when I first wake up. My latest road trip went something like this: Victor->Salt Lake->Hurricane->St. George ->Fontana->St. George->Hurricane->Fruita->Kremmling->Fruita->Victor. Lots of random hotels, nights under the stars, racing, photo-shooting, spending time with family, riding in the wind, rain, sun and snow and most importantly, getting in some quality training. I ran into friends from Idaho at random trailheads, made friends with complete strangers, watched some really bad tv while waiting out weather in Fruita and burned in my 2010 biker tan for good.
Striking a balance while living and training on the road is always tricky as it becomes harder to keep up with the recovery, stretching, eating right and sleeping well. Over time, I've learned that a few things are key to keeping me happy and healthy. I therefore have no shame in hauling this gear all over the country: a full size foam roll, a good sleeping mask and earplugs, my memory foam pillow, REM Caps, my aero press and favorite coffee mug, zoots, good music, mindless magazines, a laptop and my favorite cooking spices and oils. Bringing Nate with me whenever he can get away is always an added plus.
1 comment:
Amanda, we briefly chatted at the Kenda trailer at Leadville last year talking about tires for the SM100 while I (and my bro-in law) loaded up on the sweet-priced Kenda's so now I am asking for your take on tires for Cohutta. What do you think if the course is dry? And if it rains? Size?
Tks
Chas
Post a Comment