And my deck has looked like this since we got home on Tuesday:
It's all good, though. I went to bed Saturday night after the race with a scratchy throat and sniffles hoping that it was from racing and the inch of pollen that was covering everything in Tennessee. No such luck. I haven't suffered from seasonal allergies since I began eating according to the Paleo Diet so I knew I was getting sick. Seems the man sitting behind me who was coughing without covering his mouth an average of 3x a minute on my flight out from San Francisco shared with me his germs to incubate...and I'm just guessing that racing a hundie in the pouring rain gave the cold a great opportunity to hit me full force.
So, I'm enjoying my week of recovery, spending a lot of time indoors in slippers and pjs and getting a lot of house projects done. I'm trying to enjoy the one whole week at home until we hit the road again for the next 2-week racing adventure. Nate is using his time well, too. He spent all day yesterday stripping my Nine down to the frame, soaking and cleaning all my individual parts and generally being the greatest husband/mechanic on the planet. Cohutta burned through an entire set of brake pads to the metal, ruined a set of rotors and put dirt/sand/water in places I didn't even know existed on a bike. Team Carey is definitely 50% Mr. Carey. As I was lying on the couch blowing by nose and whining, he was quietly working away in the shop, making my life easier. Love you honey!
Here are a few shots from our ride in San Francisco post Sea Otter. We made an urban assault on San Fran, made our way across the Golden Gate Bridge (SO RAD) and rode some fun, mellow trails in Marin. When the number plate comes off, there is no one I would rather ride with than Nate. Being in this crazy world of mountain bike racing has allowed us to see parts of the country by bike that we never would have experienced otherwise.
2 comments:
It is definitely good PJs and slippers weather. Hope you feel better soon.
YAY for the Nate props blog! Love you two. I hope you feel better!
Post a Comment