Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Warmth

After sending Nate off to a wedding in the Caribbean last night, I set off for southern Utah this morning to begin a 2 week training trip. Our kitchen is getting remodeled and the trip I had previously planned was abandoned because I came down with a 10-day plague, so a long trip is definitely in order.

First things first. For those who are wondering why I chose to to go to my first race of the season (this Saturday) over a 5-day trip to St. John with Nate....Exhibit A: he is the lone married man of a group of 5 former/current ski instructors packing it into one stupid-expensive hotel room. Exhibit B: they are most likely trying every combination of tropical mixed drink known to man until all hours. Exhibit C: I've never met the Bride and Groom. Exhibit D: I have met a few of his pals he is sharing a room with. I know better :)

Not exactly the trip to tote along your pro-athlete wife. Nate got the much deserved hall pass for the week to join in the bachelor festivities. He promises we'll go back when we are old and slow.

I got to Hurricane this afternoon with just enough time for a ride on the Hurricane Rim Trail. It took a little time to blow the 9hr drive out of my legs but after spinning for a bit, my brain and legs finally remembered what it was like to ride a bike that moves, not one that is attached to a trainer and placed in front of a boring movie. Today, more real dirt. I can hardly believe it.

No comments: