Okay, first things first. It's been an exciting week of traveling and riding, but this is the most exciting event of all: the arrival of one of my new 09 race bikes, the
Tomac Type-X. Nate unwrapped it yesterday and emailed me this photo. Although it was 75 degrees and sunny in Moab today, I was immediately tempted to drive straight home just so I could see it in person. Our entire
team is SO excited for this year's bikes. Thanks again to
Tomac for hooking us up with some serious racing machines! I promise pictures of the full build when it's ready to roll.

Since handing in my final project for my sports psych. class on Friday, I've been binging on warm weather rides, scenic campgrounds and reading for pleasure. That's right, no text books or journal articles for the next 3 weeks. Spring break 09'!

I celebrated my freedom from power point presentations with a trip to Gooseberry Mesa.

A good place to put up your feet to rest.

I took this photo during a road ride to Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane. It was only funny because every vehicle in this picture arrived simultaneously. Holy land-train.

This absurdity is a golf course. In the middle of a sand and sage brush filled desert. They also had an enormous bubbling fountain at the entrance to welcome you to "Sand Hollow." A wonderfully efficient use of our waning western water table. They were at least smart enough to use the naturally occurring sand in the sand traps.

An evening spin up La Sal Mountain Loop rd. No traffic, great views, straight out of my campsite at Ken's Lake.


Me, trying to tell Nate via an emailed photo how much I miss him. Moab was where Nate and I took our first road trip together when we first started dating. I knew I should consider marrying the guy when he was more excited than I was to go for a ski tour in the La Sals in the morning and ride slickrock in the afternoon. A sure sign I had finally found my match.

I rode up to Dead Horse State Park this morning. A great 60 mile round-trip ride out of Moab. Huge shoulder, great road, low traffic. It's a great 5%-8%ish grade climb for the 20mile stretch out to Dead Horse Point. Some movie buff at the scenic vista told me this was the point from which Thelma and Louise launched themselves at the end of their run.

I made it to Fruita this evening in search of some high-speed single track. I think 18-road will do just fine!
1 comment:
I like your new white-hotness!
Post a Comment