At the first sign I started feeling even a little bit better (Day 6), I tried a little spin on the trainer. Pushing barely 120 watts sent my heart rate up to almost Zone 3, causing me to sweat like I had set my bike directly on the equator, so my optimism (and my ride) didn't last long. I think today may be the day I try a ride again. I actually left the house for 20 min. yesterday to go to the post office. That was exciting. I had to follow a herd of deer up my drive way on the way home.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Crawling Back
9 days into this sickness and I am wondering what the heck good are antibiotics if they couldn't kill the plague residing in my throat? Perhaps they at least prevented a trip to the hospital to get my tonsils extracted. I've never had this much forced time off the bike before and it's funny to observe how emotions flow according to your health. For the first 5 days I was so ill and feverish I couldn't contemplate thinking about anything besides how awful I felt. All of my energy was focused on how I could swallow even small amounts of liquids without having them come out of my nose.
At the first sign I started feeling even a little bit better (Day 6), I tried a little spin on the trainer. Pushing barely 120 watts sent my heart rate up to almost Zone 3, causing me to sweat like I had set my bike directly on the equator, so my optimism (and my ride) didn't last long. I think today may be the day I try a ride again. I actually left the house for 20 min. yesterday to go to the post office. That was exciting. I had to follow a herd of deer up my drive way on the way home.
We got a lovely sunset last night, too. At this point, I'm trying to find joy in the simple pleasures!
At the first sign I started feeling even a little bit better (Day 6), I tried a little spin on the trainer. Pushing barely 120 watts sent my heart rate up to almost Zone 3, causing me to sweat like I had set my bike directly on the equator, so my optimism (and my ride) didn't last long. I think today may be the day I try a ride again. I actually left the house for 20 min. yesterday to go to the post office. That was exciting. I had to follow a herd of deer up my drive way on the way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
totally how I felt with pneumonia! and how I am still feeling, having had to cancel a hike up Cardigan this weekend that I had been planning for months! My running has turned to shuffling, and my heart rate has gone to hell in a handbasket too. I feel your pain, girl! Heres hoping we get well soon!
Miss you!
Christina
Post a Comment