Although I'm racing 'cross tomorrow at the Utah State Championships, I can't help but admit that I am salivating over the upcoming ski season. It's just around the corner.
Tonight, we're headed out to the Spud Drive-In (yes, we still have drive-ins in Idaho) to watch Teton Gravity Research's new ski porn flick "Under the Influence" (click here for the teaser). A zero degree sleeping bag, a PBR and a koozie will be mandatory viewing equipment. Although I will never, EVER come close to skiing what the TGR athletes ski, there are enough shots of Jackson Hole hip-deep powder in TGR's flicks to get even the most conservative "advanced-intermediate" telemark skier (me) psyched for the ski season.
Tomorrow is going to be my last race of this season. Since Iceman, both my fitness and motivation have been waning and it's good timing. I've been fighting a nasty cold for over a week and though cross racing has been a total blast, I'm ready to mount up my new skis (Black Diamond Joules) and trade long rides for long days in the backcountry. Although we've had nada for snow so far, I'm just dreaming of the first thigh-deep day, filled with faceshots, good friends and giggles.
1 comment:
I moved from Wilson back home to Anchorage last spring (yeah, after two thousand and *sicker*) for more nordic training and racing. I like your blog, and Victor is one of my favorite places. Writing about training and your racing experiences is a great outlet for athletes, especially in obscure sports like mountain biking and nordic skiing. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it.
Late fall in Teton Pass is one of those magic times in a special place for me, like Disneyland for little kids. Mega calm, mega karma. A year ago that pass gave me lots of reasons for rollerskiing goals, I only wish I could go down like you can on a bike!
Great job, and good luck in Utah!
Post a Comment