I'm in.
I just signed up for the Breckenridge 100. I don't exactly know why I chose to do this to myself. I guess it's because I really like riding my new Racer X and am up for a challenge. All my training this year has been focused on short, cross country racing. If anything, this somewhat irrational decision is fueled by curiosity. I want to see how my body will respond to 10+hours in the saddle after being completely untrained for long distance. The longest ride I have done all year was 5 hours and that was 2 weeks ago at the Firecracker 50. This should be good.
For the record, I am more concerned about my behind than my legs.
I've done enough 100 mile races and LOTOJAs to know that endurance events are far more mental than physical. In theory, if I commit my brain to riding for that long, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Famous last words....
No comments:
Post a Comment